While on this journey of Plant Based Only we have used potatoes a few times in different dishes. Potatoes themselves are not bad, it’s what you add onto them that can bite you.
I started thinking about the idea of deviled eggs and trying that out with potatoes ala the twice baked concept. I made these tonight and they came out really good!
The recipe is really simple and I have included the way I made them below.
- Bake or cook the potatoes in the oven or microwave to soften them up. We personally use the microwave after I stabbed them up a bit to release the pressure obviously. 🙂
- While the potatoes are cooking, cut up some onion and three cloves of garlic into small diced pieces and set aside. You could use onion and garlic powder if you prefer.
- Next in a separate bowl mix up 1/4 tsp of cumin, 1/4 tsp of turmeric, some black pepper, tiny bit of salt and set aside.
- When the potatoes are done and cool, cut them in half lengthwise and scoop out most but not all of the insides and set that in the bowl with the spice mixture.
- Now dump in the onion and garlic pieces and mix everything with a hand mixer or mash/mix it up good.
- To that mixture add to taste an amount of dijon mustard and mix well.
- Lightly coat the bottoms of your potato halves with olive oil and sprinkle on some black pepper with the olive oil coating.
- Set the potato halves on a baking sheet and preheat your oven to 350 degrees. It helps to use parchment paper underneath the potato halves.
- Now fill your potato halves with the mixture and sprinkle some paprika on top of each piece.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown. It took ours approximately 20 minutes.
- Take out and enjoy!
This was a recipe that came out great and we both really liked it. I hope you enjoy these as much as we did and remember. . . .Stay Plant Based Only!